BBB accreditation is an honor and not every company is eligible. We only accredit businesses that pass a strict review process. Companies interested in becoming BBB accredited must complete an application process and commit to standards of ethical business practices. Once accepted, BBB Accredited Businesses must maintain the standards or face accreditation revocation.
BBB Accreditation Sets Your Company Apart
- BBB accreditation tells your prospective customers that you meet the BBB business ethics standards and can be trusted.
- Proudly displaying your BBB AB logo in your company’s literature and advertising and on its website sets your company apart in the eyes of consumers. (What other affiliation can your company have that means more to prospective customers? Survey: 70% prefer doing business with a BBB AB.)
- Your company’s BBB accreditation and compliance with BBB business ethics standards is prominently stated in offline and online BBB reports accessed millions of times every year by consumers seeking companies they can trust.
- Industry lists of BBB Accredited Businesses are available on- and offline to prospective customers seeking companies they can trust.
- Many online benefits, including consumer’s ability to request a quote from a BBB AB.
Special $ Saving Offers Exclusively for BBB Accredited Businesses
- BBB Workers Compensation group rating program is one of state’s largest – eligible companies can obtain big premium discounts (up to 51% off base rates) – no obligation savings projection is available.
- BBB Health Insurance program – BBB AB’s can save - no obligation quotes are available.
- Discounted background checks – comprehensive criminal check for under $10!
- Discounted shredding service for as little as $23/month.
- More business-to-business, including on telecommunications, pension, payroll & investigative products & services.
- No cost BBB mediation and arbitration helps avoid costly, lengthy court battles.
- Unique internet marketing opportunities for BBB Accredited Businesses.
Supporting Community Ethics & Protecting Area Consumers
- BBB is preeminent area resource for helping consumers find companies they can trust and resolve problems with area merchants.
- BBB Advertising Review Program monitors area advertising and corresponds with hundreds of advertisers every year attempting to correct potentially misleading and deceptive claims – promotes business self-regulation and helps consumers shop with confidence.
- BBB Charity Review Program evaluates area’s soliciting charities to help corporate and individual donors choose deserving organizations.
- BBB works closely with area media to alert public to questionable offers and businesses.
BBB Accreditation Is An Employee Benefit
- Regular alerts and newsletters help your company and its employees avoid fraud & learn about new consumer trends.
- Employees of BBB AB’s receive priority access to BBB services on their AB Hotline – encourages them to spend wisely and avoid costly consumer problems.
- Employees receive discounts on many products/services from other accredited businesses. (Your company can make a discount offer too!)
What Accredited Business are saying:
"It's really a win-win situation. I'll continue to support the BBB because it's good for the consumer and good for us. We will always renew our accreditation because we feel the services and extra benefits are so valuable. Plus, by using our BBB Accreditation in our advertising, we will continue to generate goodwill with our customers."
~ Corlett Lumber, Warrensville Heights, BBB Accredited Business since 1978
"We believe that when potential customers are shopping around, they look for the BBB seal. Consumers realize accredited businesses have to adhere to an ethical standard and that members will work with the consumer to handle complaints. Being with the BBB for 20 years has added even more credibility for us (especially for the industry we're in) and continues to make a difference with our customers."
~ Dave's Auto Care, Willoughby, BBB Accredited Business since 1982
"BBB membership is valuable because our retail customers call the BBB for reliable companies--they want to deal with businesses that have and will be in business for a long time. Many of the calls that come to us are from potential customers who got a reliability report from the BBB first...and we make sure to tell customers to check us with the BBB, as well."
~ Ideal Roofing & Sheet Metal, Cleveland, BBB Accredited Business since 1953
"Accreditation by the Cleveland BBB is a silent sales tool, reassuring potential customers they're dealing with a reputable company, having accepted the BBB's business standards and meeting their criteria for membership."
~ B&B Appliance, Cleveland, BBB Accredited Business since 1973
"Aside from the helpful and caring staff, the BBB stands for a mark of commitment to ethics and good business. It watches out for "bad" organizations and alerts the public to beware...also pointing the way to "good" organizations (like members). The BBB is a great resource for businesses...showing them how to do it right."
~ United Way, Cleveland, BBB Accredited since 1997
"Having the Better Business Bureau designation not only provides a level of credibility to a homeowner, it also clearly demonstrates a professional approach to our business that industry partners find desirable. As a result of our decision to join the Better Business Bureau, we anticipate and look forward to, an increased level of referrals."
~ DANE Contractors, Westlake, BBB Accredited Business since 2003